Section 1: Summary
- We keep the information we hold about you to a minimum
- We use your data to respond to your enquires, provide our services to you, manage our relationship with you, meet our legal obligations and improve our website
- We delete your data when it’s no longer required for those purposes
- Your data is not provided to third parties except when stated otherwise
Section 2: What data do we hold?
When browsing this our website, our web server collects logs which may identify your IP address, which may be assigned to your company or internet service provider. We also use Google Analytics to collect information about how you view the site. This may include your IP address as well. Any information collected is only used for the purposes of improving our website
As part of our service, we do also have to collect & store some information from you.
Section 3: How do we use your information?
Where we have referenced the basis of us processing (eg. “Basis: Article 6(b)”), this is in reference to the article of the General Data Protection Regulation under which we undertake the processing in question.
Providing Marketing Services
Upon starting communications with us we may research your company to get a deeper understanding about your products & services in order to generate an idea oif how we can best service your business requirements.
This may include us reviewing aspects of your business including your website, social media feed, product catalogue and any other publicly accessible information.
Basis: Article 6(b) – necessary for the performance of a contract
Dealing with enquiries
If you make an enquiry
(this could be via email, telephone, social media, etc), one of our team will respond to your enquiry. All communications are recorded, except telephone calls. This is to allow us to create relevant documentation, as well as being able to monitor delivery of our service and ensure we are offering the best service possible.
Basis: Article 6(b) – your details are processed prior to performance of a contract.
Records of all enquiries are kept for subsequent follow-up and internal record keeping relating to business activity
Basis: Article 6(f) – legitimate interests include being able to carry out business planning & forecasting, which enables us to tailor our offering to your company’s needs.
Personal data that you provide to us in the normal course of business is not transferred outside the EU. In the event that your business would benefit from a service that is located outside the EU, we will request your authorisation beforehand and provide information on the appropriate lawful basis for data transfer.
Section 4: What are your rights?
You have rights relating to personal data that we process about you. These rights include:
- You can apply to be provided with a copy of any personal data that we hold relating to you
- In some situations, to restrict processing of your personal data or ask for it to be deleted
- To ask for any inaccurate information to be corrected.
- Individual customers can appeal to us not to use their personal data for business forecasting under legitimate interests.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are still dissatisfied with the way we deal with your data or requests, you are within your rights to lodge a complaint with the ICO (Information Commissioner’s Office).
As a general principle, we will not transfer your personal data to third parties without your permission, unless you have purchased a product or service from us which is provided by a third party.
There may be legitimate or legal reasons that we may have to pass your information to a third party for other reasons, such as:
- We have partners who provide services to us, who may be able to see small amounts of information. For example, our telephone provider could see what phone numbers we’ve dialled for billing purposes.
- If we receive a court order to disclose your information, we may be forced to do so. Where possible, we would notify you of this we would hand over any data.
- If you are delinquent on any invoices, we may choose to use a third-party debt collection agency to help us recover funds owed. This is a worst-case scenario but we do reserve the right to do this.
Data about clients: the duration of your relationship with us, then one year (or sooner if requested by you)
Enquiry data: duration of enquiry, then one year
Prospective employee information: if successful, the duration of your service with us, then seven years. If unsuccessful, duration of interview process, then one year – consent will be requested when submitting any information to us.
Supplier contact details: for as long as we have a relationship with you or think we might want to buy products or services from you, or for the duration of a dispute with you
Data Controller Information
Strike Media, 205 Wardour Street, London, W1f 8ZJ
Removal, Information, Correction or Subject Access Requests
Please email your request to email@example.com and we will response as soon as possible.